Hi there! My name is Jennifer, and I am the author of this blog. In 2008 I started a blog about homeschooling my then toddlers. Over the years, as I grew in wisdom as a parent, homeschooler, and wife, I grew out of my homeschooling blog. The Lord began to show me the areas where I had not been following His plan for my life--I was searching for fullfillment in the wrong places. He showed me the Hidden Beauty of Home. And thus, this blog was born. This page is strictly about who I am; that way you, the reader, can get to know the person behind the articles you read here. If you want to learn more about what you can read on this blog, visit my About this Blog page.
Here are the top 10 things you need to know about me:
1. I am a Christian.
2. I am 31 years old.
3.I have been married almost a decade to a godly, wonderful, man named Raymond.
4. I have four children; three biological, one adopted through foster care. Their ages are 8, 7, 1, and 1 (not twins).
5. I am a HOME-schooler. To find out what that means, be looking for a future article on the topic. I will link it here when it goes live on the blog.
6. I strongly believe in family-integration. To find out more what family-integration is, particularly in regard to church, be looking for a future article on the topic. I will link it here when it goes live on the blog.
7. I am passionate about biblical womanhood, particularly regarding modesty. Every Christian family should have a policy about modesty in their homes. Look forward to many articles on this topic.
8. I am a foster parent.
9. I live in Oklahoma, fourteen hundred miles from my home state of California.
10. I have two children who are considered special needs. My 8 year old son has high-functioning autism, and my 1 year old daughter has Developmental Coordination Disorder, and may later be diagnosed with mild Cerebral Palsy.